Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bagel and Lox - How to Craft Your Own Slice of Heaven

I wanted to breakfast with Erin about a week ago, and we were not sure where to eat. After a pit stop at our local Hasidic bakery for some bread poppy, we have decided to get bagels.

Finally, we are all ideally located to live only a block away from both Fairmount or St-Viateur bagels.

I looked around and asked around, what makes the perfect bagel and lox. There are many opinions, but as far as I'm concerned, only this one: my own.

So withoutfurther ado, here's my recipe for the perfect bagel and lox.

Start with a bagel, either sesame or poppy seeds, and cut them to remain alert with a bread knife with you that the two halves of similar strength.

We're talking about a bagel, not a cinnamon-raisin aberration or something similar. Ideally, it should have been in the last hour of cooking. Do not place in the microwave. I do my bagels at St-Viateur bagels, but in an emergency would Fairmount.

Now, the cream isCheese. Spread a healthy dose of cheese in the bottom half of bagel and a thin layer in the upper half. There is a reason for what I get in a little while. They should with Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand you are left to spread out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes before use, so it is easier to join.

Lox. Smoked salmon. Red Gold. Evidence for the existence of G * d. As far as I'm concerned, everything is well preserved lox, so depending on what you prefer. I buy at Costco inlarge quantities, and I try to buy Wild Pacific Salmon, when I can, but I'm not very picky.

You should put 3 or 4 slices of salmon in the lower half of the bagel. In a perfect world, should the salmon on your bagel a little less than half an inch thick, but also for those on a budget, set perfectly in order, a little less. What we seek is the perfect harmony of flavors, and without exaggerated any of the ingredients can be achieved.

Should Over the lox, please contactOnions. I use yellow or white onions, raw, of course, cut into rings. I like raw onions, I usually put quite a lot. Some people use red onions, but I do not know how the color, as it does not clash with the salmon, and I find the taste so fantastic, either. But this is a matter of taste. I would certainly use if that's all what I had.

The perfect bagel and lox combination requires capers. Get a healthy spoonful of capers, and drain as much vinegar as you can. Sprinkle it on the inside of thehave the upper half of the bagel, which you applied a thin spread of cream cheese. They should be based on the cream cheese and can not slip.

"So I can now almost my bagel and salmon, and enjoy my little slice of heaven here on earth, is not it?" I hear you ask.

Not quite yet.

Take your bottle of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, and pour a little "fillet" on the onions and The Lox and bagel and lox at once close sandwich.

Now you can cut it in theHalf-and enjoy the largest bagel and lox sandwich has ever been. The soft texture and delicate flavor of the lox and cream cheese, the bite of raw onions and the acidity of the capers, the binding of velvety finesse of olive oil ... Ah ....

Looking back on the "perfect bagel and lox sandwich" craft, you will need:

Montreal bagels, uber-fresh and ideally from St-Viateur bagels Philadelphia cream cheese ( "Light" is OK when you are on a diet), smoked salmon, depending on what youbest white or yellow onions, raw, sliced into rings or slices like Capers Extra Virgin Olive Oil

And here's what you do not need:

Lettuce. You are not a rabbit. Lettuce has no place in a bagel and lox sandwich. Tomatoes. Tomatoes are in this context, a sin, and not the good (or fun) kind of sin. Boiled or fried onions or mushrooms. That is wrong on so many levels, I would not even get inside. Do not do it. Each bagel, not sesame or poppy seeds. Cinnamon-raisin, wholeWheat, onions, and other insults Bageldom sorted. You know who you are. I'm not saying you're not tasty and delicious, under certain circumstances, but you are not bagels, and as such no place anywhere near lox and cream cheese.



toddler finger food recipes food lovers fat loss system review garage door insulation kits

No comments:

Post a Comment